
Ok, so this is a bit late... but with all of the BIG changes going on in our life, it couldn't be avoided. Sydney made her big debut mid January, a few weeks early. The story is pretty interesting actually, one for the baby book for sure! It starts with Kevin flying out to Atlanta in a snowstorm for work and me coming down with the stomach flu. I ended up going into labor due to dehydration from being sick while Kevin was literally stuck in Atlanta. I think Kevin had described the situation on Facebook as an "epic fail". That term seem to fit the situation he was in pretty well. As I was being admitted into the hospital Tuesday night for observation due to my illness, he was trying like mad to get a plane, train, bus, car, ... or anything with wheels really, out of Atlanta without ANY success. And those of you that know Kevin know he is nothing if not resourceful! But whew, at least it ended up being a false alarm (or so we thought). No active labor, just contractions brought on by severe dehydration so they sent me home after a couple IVs. In the meantime, Kevin is booking himself on multiple flights just in case, to try to make it home by the morning or early afternoon the next day. That ended up being a good decision bc I woke up at 6am the next morning with heavy contractions. Knowing I was in labor, I pack my bags and my dad drives me to the hospital (again). Within 4 hours of being admitted (I'll spare you the rest of the labor drama), Sydney Mae was born. And yes, Daddy made it in time to cut the cord with 90 minutes to spare!
And for those of you that haven't heard yet, we received a contract on our current home last week. We are in the process of moving out and will be staying at my parents house in Edwardsville for the next several months. We ended up losing the house we built--they sold it two weeks before our contract came through. So... we are building another one! And we are super excited about it. It should be ready in early July.
1 comments:
Now that you are in Edwardsville for awhile, we MUST get together... I'm in Collinsville! Congrats on the new arrival!
Post a Comment